Before I create any designs I do my homework and research other related websites, templates and themes for both content ideas and design inspirations.
The creative process is more efficient when I have discussed and brainstormed ideas with you to understand your objectives and to get to know your business better. Then I can start creating mockups for you to approve. In some cases those mockups are done right on the site using a page builder.
WIREFRAMES & CONTENT
In order for everyone to be on the same page I will create wireframes to illustrate how the content will be laid out. This will help to visualize the website and makes it easier to come up with design and content ideas. In some cases the wireframes will be created on the website using a page builder.
Once we decide on what content to go on the site along with the new sitemap I will need all the copy approved so I can start populating the website as soon as the pages are ready.
- Setup hosting and staging environment
- Install and configure latest version of WordPress and plugins
- Create a custom theme matching the approved mockups
- Add all pages and configure header and footer navigations
- Setup email subscription and contact forms
- Add photo galleries with lightbox and slideshow functionality
- Add social media integration including like boxes and photo streams
- Optimize all pages for mobile devices
- Optimize to load as fast as possible on desktop and mobile
- Implement security measures and possibly a firewall
- Schedule automatic backups
- Integrate with Google Analytics and Search Console